What is Adult Day Service?
Adult Day Service is an activity and community center-based program designed to meet the needs of individuals who can benefit from participating in a group setting. At WESCO, our NOVA program (Nurture Opportunity Value Accessibility) is designed to maintain a higher level of activity for an individual to postpone or, in some cases, prevent the need for long-term care in a nursing home.
Activities are structured throughout the day and can include trips out into the community. The NOVA facility is located near WESCO’s new main administration building and is available weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. This program can also be utilized by individuals suffering from dementia, Alzheimer’s, physical disabilities, and those who may be socially isolated. A mid-day meal is provided, as are structured activities, exercise, mental stimulation throughout the day, and assistance with toileting, medications, eating, and walking.
- Persons needing assistance during the day in maintaining their skills
- Persons 18 years and older
- Persons for whom Adult Day Services might prevent or postpone the need for long-term care
- Persons recently discharged from inpatient care to aid in the transition process back to independent living
- Persons who need supervision for whom Adult Day Services might assist the caregiver by relieving duties
- Persons who are socially isolated
- Mentally/physically disabled
- Persons with Alzheimers & dementia
What Services Does Adult Day Services Provide?
- A safe, secure environment
- Social activities
- Personal care
- Mental stimulation
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Assistance with eating, walking, toileting, and medications
- Monitoring health issues
Monday thru Friday
8:00 am-4:30 pm
Hours are flexible depending on clients needs.
—>For more information, contact the Assistant Director at 712-263-6141. Supporting individuals in achieving their potential for independence.
Families, caregivers, guardians, caseworkers, and other agencies should contact Deidra Brown at 712-263-6141 or email if they are interested in having WESCO provide services or to request a tour or additional information. For more information on funding options please contact the Finance Director Donna Schurke at 712-263-6141 or email.